You are not connected to the University of Delaware Library network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. Connect to UD Network
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
Action and adventure films
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John G Avildsen; Irwin Winkler; Robert Chartoff; Sylvester Stallone; Talia Shire; Burt Young; Carl Weathers; Burgess Meredith; Bill Conti; Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.; MGM Home Entertainment Inc.; Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc.
|Language Note:||English (Dolby 5.1), French (Dolby mono.) or Spanish (Dolby mono.) dialogue with optional English and Spanish subtitles; closed captioned in English.|
|Notes:||Originally released as a motion picture in 1976.
Special features: Audio and video commentary with Sylvester Stallone; audio commentary with two boxing legends; audio commentary with the director, producers and cast members; three-part "In the ring" making-of documentary; 10 additional featurettes/documentaries; TV spots, TV appearances and trailers; a sneak peak at "Rocky Balboa."
|Credits:||Director of photography, James Crabe ; editor, Richard Halsey ; music, Bill Conti.|
|Cast:||Sylvester Stallone, Talia Shire, Burt Young, Carl Weathers, Burgess Meredith.|
|Awards:||Academy Awards (USA), 1977: Best Director (John G. Avildsen) ; Best Film Editing (Richard Halsey, Scott Conrad) ; Best Picture.
Golden Globes (USA), 1977: Best Motion Picture - Drama.
|Target Audience:||MPAA rating: PG.; CHV rating: PG.|
|Description:||2 videodiscs (120 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Details:||DVD, NTSC, region 1, anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital mono, dual-layer.|
|Other Titles:||In the ring.
Rocky (Motion picture)
|Responsibility:||Metro Goldwyn Mayer ; a Robert Chartoff-Irwin Winkler production ; a John G. Avildsen film ; produced by Irwin Winkler and Robert Chartoff ; written by Sylvester Stallone ; directed by John G. Avildsen.|
Rocky Balboa is a struggling boxer trying to make the big time. He works in a meat factory in Philadelphia for a meager wage so he also earns extra cash as a debt collector. When heavyweight champion Apollo Creed visits Philadelphia, his managers want to set up an exhibition match between Creed and a struggling boxer. The promoters are touting the fight as a chance for a "nobody" to become a "somebody". The match is supposed to be easily won by Creed, but someone forgot to tell Rocky, who sees this as his only shot at the big time.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Balboa, Rocky (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
- Boxers (Sports) -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Drama.
- Boxing matches -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Drama.
- Boxing managers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Drama.
- Meat industry and trade -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Drama.
- Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Drama.
- Boxeadores -- Pennsylvania -- Filadelfia -- Teatro.
- Boxeo -- Pennsylvania -- Filadelfia -- Teatro.
- Boxeo -- Administración -- Pennsylvania -- Filadelfia -- Teatro.
- Carne -- Industria y comercio -- Pennsylvania -- Filadelfia -- Teatro.
- Relaciones hombre-mujer -- Teatro.
- Filadelfia (Pa.) -- Teatro.
- Meat industry -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Drama.
- Man-woman relationship -- Drama.